Thursday, September 03, 2009

Hand Stuck on the Subway

INT. SUBWAY CAR.

Two friends, JEFF and ADAM are talking in a subway car. Jeff is holding onto the pole.

JEFF
I just think listening to music is gay.

ADAM
That would make like, EVERYBODY gay.

JEFF
Yeah, everybody except ME.

Doors open. A GUY steps into the train and immediately leans on the pole, as well as Jeff's hand. The two talk as the guy remains oblivious.

JEFF
Ugh. Ugh. I hate this.

ADAM
Eh, just move.

JEFF
It's the principle of the thing...I was here first and now this asshole leans on my hand? Why should I move?

ADAM
So do something about it.

JEFF
Well I...I don't want to like, say anything. It's the subway.

Adam shrugs.

ADAM
So anyway, music is important to a lot of people, I don't know how you could say...

JEFF
Ok forget this.

Jeff tries to remove his hand from behind the guy's back BUT HE'S STUCK.

JEFF
I can't get it out. I can't get my hand out.

ADAM
Ha, come on?

Jeff struggles, very animated, straining.

ADAM
What are you giving him a back rub?

JEFF
What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

ADAM
Maybe he really likes back rubs.

The guy burps.

JEFF (still struggling)
LET ME HAVE MY HAND BACK.

ADAM
This is our stop.

JEFF
I CAN'T GET MY HAND OUT!!!

ADAM
Come on, let's get out.

Jeff puts his foot up against the pole to try to yank his whole body away from the pole. It doesn't work.

JEFF
Sir? Excuse me, sir?

The man burps. Doesn't notice Jeff.

ADAM
Well I'm getting off here, man. I'll meet you at the bar later. Good luck.

JEFF
WAIT DON'T LEAVE!! YOU'RE MY FRIEND! FRIENDS DON'T LEAVE! FRIENDS HELP!

Jeff pounds on the guys back with his other hand, does whatever he can to get his hand out. Finally he gives up and sits on the floor, with his arm still up behind the guy. The guy stops leaning and walks towards the other side of the train.

JEFF
Oh my god, finally.

Jeff shakes the tension from his hand out, relieved. The guy, now on the other side of the train, turns to look at Jeff. There is a long pause, as Jeff looks confused and worried. He runs toward Jeff, getting faster and faster, screaming like a wild animal.

THE GUY
AaaaaaaaaAAAAAUUUUURGHHHH!!!!!!

He tackles Jeff to the ground. Possibly killing him.


The End.

1 comment:

Matt said...

i like this a lot