Saturday, September 26, 2009

Charles in the Forest

EXT. FOREST

CHARLES and AMANDA are walking in a forest. Charles stops.

CHARLES
Look at that tree! That's the biggest tree I ever did see!

AMANDA
Yeah, it's a big tree.

CHARLES
That I ever did see! Let's go inside!

AMANDA
Uhh...inside?

CHARLES
Look, there's a squirrel hole! LET'S GO INSIDE THE TREE!

AMANDA
That whole is about as big as your fist. Let's just keep walking, we're almost back home.

CHARLES
NO...Something about this forest...it's just so magical. It's so...well it just makes me want to sing a song! A magical forest song!

AMANDA
That's great Charles, really. Let's go. Come on.

CHARLES (singing)
Oh the creatures in the forest / they're all just like us....

AMANDA
Um.

CHARLES
They scamper all around / and they burrow into the ground
And the fairies and elves look like ourselves
They live in our hearts, they come out in the dark

Charles scoops up a handful of leaves and dumps them on Amanda's head

AMANDA
Arggh!

CHARLES
Taste these leaves or dip them in your tea
Lick the sap off the cherry tree
The forest is a place for youuuuuu
aaaaaaand
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

AMANDA
That was really, really nice Charles. Now stop it.

CHARLES
I think I'm going to just stay here.

AMANDA
No?

CHARLES
Just go on without me. My home is here now.

AMANDA
So this is why mom told me never to take you to the forest...

CHARLES
YES...THE EVIL WITCH OF THE HOUSE HAS KEPT ME FROM THE TREES SINCE I WAS THREE.

AMANDA
Oh not again with the rhyming.

CHARLES
GO AMANDA. LEAVE ME BE. Wait...I must give you something before you go.

Charles digs into the ground.

CHARLES
Here.

AMANDA
This is a...dead sparrow?

CHARLES
Bring him home. Take care of him.

AMANDA (giving up)
Okay. I'll see you later. Say hi to the...squirrels for me.

CHARLES
Ahh you'll have to try much harder than that to win the favor of the squirrels! They're definitely a --

AMANDA (interrupting)
Ok, whatever.

Amanda leaves.


THE END (?)

No comments: