Friday, September 25, 2009

Donna's Indifference

INT. Restaurant

ERIC and DONNA are on a first date.

ERIC
So this is good, right?

DONNA
Ah..hmm?

ERIC
The restaurant...good choice?

DONNA
Oh yeah, I mean, anything's good. I am not a picky girl.

ERIC
Oh cool. Very down to earth.

DONNA
Yep, I'm up for anything! I'll eat anywhere. Very easy to please.

ERIC
That's...good.

DONNA
Eat anywhere, with anyone. I don't care. It's all the same to me.

ERIC
Really.

DONNA
Yep, you can't impress me, because I don't care. You could be anyone right now...tall, short, fat, ugly, whatever. I'll date you, why the hell not?

ERIC
Well...don't I feel...special.

WAITER
Hello there, are you ready to order?

DONNA
Sure, I'll just have any old bullshit, whatever.

ERIC
I need another minute to decide.

WAITER
Hmph.

ERIC
Donna, I'm getting the sense that you're kind of...what's the word...indifferent?

DONNA
To what?

ERIC
Well everything I guess, but specifically, me?

DONNA
Oh no no, not at all. You're awesome.

Donna drinks from her glass of water.

DONNA
Mmmm, this glass of water is AWESOME.

ERIC
Alright, whatever. Let's just get this god damn date over with.

DONNA
Exactly.

FORTY FIVE MINUTES LATER!

ERIC (checking his watch, confirming it's the end of the date)
And the date ends...now.

DONNA
See ya.

ERIC
Bye.

They both run away from the table in opposite directions, throwing their food in the air as they take off.


THE END.

No comments: